Monday, May 30, 2011

I Really Digg You Brotha'

Buzz It
I first heard of Gil Scott-Heron in 2000 in Nashville,TN while purchasing one of his earlier albums. Listening to him talk about Watergate, and how there was nothing new & that this world has been trying to upstage black folks with the rise of culture-bandits, actually increased my readiness to get into more music of his likes. I really began to dig deeper and focus on my own contradictions and thus decided to embrace them, because not to would constrict my "MIND" and "MOVEMENT". I am still learning a lot from this brotha' and it is musicians and artists like him that I will continue to use as inspirations, regardless of their contradictions -because I got the most out of them to be who I am striving to BE today -than the person who never even tried to maximize their Godly potential. Thank you, sir. Salut!

For more info try reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gil_Scott-Heron#Compilations

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Be Respectful, Thoughtful, and Honest. Let Us Know What You FUNKKin On.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
free counters